Free Home Value Report Search Homes In Austin

Expert Tips for Navigating the Real Estate Market

My mission at Watters International Realty is to be your best resource for real estate advice. Whether you are a buyer, seller, or investor, I can answer any questions you might have about
real estate. Subscribe to this blog to get the latest news on local market trends and receive
expert tips for buying or selling a home.

Is Using a 401K for an Austin Home Purchase a Good Idea?



Looking to buy in the Austin area? Get a full home search, 
 Selling your Austin area home? Get a free home value report.

I recently got a question from a viewer about whether it was a good idea to buy a home with money from a 401K. Keep in mind that I am not a CPA, and I'm not licensed to give any advice on this, so I'll just give my opinion.

What I would think about right now is how low interest rates are. They are quite possibly the lowest that they've ever been. There is a high likelihood that if you buy a home now, you can save tens of thousands of dollars (in interest) over the lifetime of a loan. 

I wouldn't be too concerned about a home losing value once rates do eventually rise again, but I would keep in mind that real estate prices have only risen in the last few decades. 


So, again, if you're thinking of pulling funds from your 401K to buy a home, I'd really want you to talk to a financial adviser, but now really is a great time to buy a home. 

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any other questions you might have about real estate in Austin!